Partner with us and together we can share the care.
Our support of carers in the ACT can only continue thanks to our many wonderful partners, sponsors and the ACT community, whose shared passion and financial contributions make an incredible difference to our ability to be a trusted partner in caring.
Through a partnership with Carers ACT, you can provide practical support to make a carer’s life a little easier. After all, at any time any one of us may become a carer ourselves, or need care.
If your organisation is looking for a way to give back to the community, contact us to talk about partnership and sponsorship opportunities.
Our multi-year partnership with the Shaw Building Group has resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars through the sponsorship and support of initiatives, including the annual fundraising campaign, Shaw Building Bowls Day and the SHAW Work/Care Scholarship.
Thank you Shaw Building Group.
Thank you to our amazing supporters. Through your financial support we are able to enhance our services to carers and their families within the ACT through education, social activities and practical supports.
Caring can be rewarding but often it can also impact on a carer’s relationships and employment, bringing financial hardship, social isolation, health and wellbeing issues, frustration, extreme stress and exhaustion.
Help us share the care, by donating to Carers ACT’s General Appeal. It can make a real difference for a carer, by turning a ‘tough days’ into ‘good days’.
Your donation will help carers:
- Take a break… so they can relax and spend time doing something for themselves.
- Learn… so they can attend educational workshops to develop important caring skills and knowledge.
- Combat social isolation… so they can join in social activities with other carers to unwind and de-stress.
- Access peer support… so they can connect with other carers and share experiences through peer support groups.
- Become advocates…so they can learn to stand up for their rights through advocacy training and support.
- Purchase equipment… so they can buy mobility and technology aids.
- Obtain new employment…so they can receive training to re-enter the workforce after their caring role.
Young Carers Appeal
Many young carers spend every day looking after a parent who lives with an illness or disability.
These young people struggle to get through school. They have little time or money to hang out with friends, relax, play sport, go on school excursions, have a casual job or attend CIT or uni.
Caring can have a profoundly limiting impact on a young persons ability to get an education, find stable employment and have a healthy relationships.
Your donation will help young carers:
- Access tuition…. so they can complete their schooling.
- Take a break …so they can relax for a short time while a support worker looks after their parent.
- Learn… so they can develop important life skills like cooking, budgeting and job seeking.
- Attend school trips…so they can attend school camps and excursions, just like their school mates.
- Play sport …so they have time and finances on the weekend to play their favorite sport.
- Attend the formal…so they can go to their school formal and create life-long memories.
- Get employed…so they can improve their job and life opportunities by attending a CIT or uni course.