Please allow javascripts to see this page correctly
X close menu
My Aged Care – Service Provider

Carers ACT is a registered service provider under the myagedcare Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).

As an entry-level program the CHSP is designed to provide low intensity support to older people who need a small amount of assistance to enable them to maintain their independence and continue to live safety in their homes and participating in their communities.

You may be eligible for services under the CHSP if you are:

Carers ACT is subsidised to support eligible clients in the areas of:

Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology

Allied Health


How to access these services

You will need to be referred to these services by a My Aged Care Assessor.

Your Assessor can make a direct referral to us on your behalf or you can request a referral to Carers ACT.  Once we receive the referral information, we will call you to discuss your needs.

You are also able to contact us directly with your referral information.  This service is available from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday by calling 6296 9922.

Terms of Service

Occupational Therapy Home Safety Assessment

We can arrange for a one-off home safety assessment with an occupational therapist (OT).  The OT works with the individual in their own home to identify safety concerns and make recommendations for safe independence in the home.  This service is fully subsidised.

NOTE:  Carers ACT is not able to provide home modifications, ie, permanent fixtures to the home such as steps, fixed rails or building maintenance. 

Goods and Equipment

We can assist with the purchase of equipment up to the value of $500.  We request a client contribution of 25% towards the cost of the equipment.

NOTE:  If this fee is unaffordable, Carers ACT will discuss and agree an affordable fee.  Clients will not be refused service on ability to pay.


This service is available between the hours of 10am and 2pm Mon-Fri.  Please call 6296 9922 for more information.

Don’t have a referral code?

To find out if you need an assessment and if you are eligible for help at home services, you should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422



Register Now