Carers ACT operates a Home Care Package co-ordination service for people living in the ACT and surrounding capital region.
What is a Home Care Package?
The Australian Government, through the My Age Care program, provides different levels of support for people over 65 years old. Each support level is described as a “Package”.
The Home Care Packages Program helps older Australians with complex care needs to live independently in their own homes.
Individuals are assessed by a professional assessor where each individual’s priority for care is determined according to four levels of support (or packages).
Once a package is approved, My Aged Care provides a subsidy to an approved Home Care Package Provider to coordinate a package of care, services and case management.
The current package levels are:
||Level of care needs*
||Basic care needs – approximately $9,000 a year
||Low care needs – approximately $15,900 a year
||Intermediate care needs – approximately $34,550 a year
||High care needs – approximately $52,400 a year
* These figures are rounded.
You work with your chosen Home Care Package Provider to identify your care needs and decide how best to spend your package funding. Your package provider coordinates and can manage your services on your behalf.
Individuals approved for a home care package are placed on a national queue until a package becomes available and is assigned to them.
For more information on Home Care Packages visit My Aged Care
Why choose Carers ACT to manage your Home Care Package and Coordinate your services?
- Being an independent Home Care Package Provider means that we do not have an in-house workforce to provide you with services. We book all our services with external providers so we are able to give you the flexibility to choose and change your service providers and the peace of mind to know that you won’t be locked in with a service provider you don’t like.
- Carers ACT will be your one point of contact and, in negotiation with you, we will book the service providers of your choice, saving you time and stress.
- We will provide monthly statements, so you know where you’re up to with your package spending.
- Currently, we do not charge the basic daily fee.
- Our low fees allow you to utilise 85% of your package amount for your choice of goods and services.
Download our full schedule of fees here
For more information call (02) 6296 9922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org