Our Foster and Kinship Carer advocacy team provide free and independent advocacy support to foster and kinship carers experiencing difficulty, and empower carers to navigate systems and resolve issues related to their caring role.
Foster and Kinship Carer Advocacy
We can help you:
- Communicate effectively with your foster care agency or Children & Young Persons Services (CYPS)
- Link you into the support and information you need
- Have your voice heard and acknowledged
- Develop your self advocacy skills
- Support you in writing correspondence, phone calls, attending meetings, tribunals and court support
Emergency Child Support
Are you concerned about a child? Child & Youth Protection Service After Hours Crisis Services 1300 556 729
Carer Handbook for Kinship & Foster Carers
Together with Child and Youth Protection Services (CYPS), ACT Together and other advocacy groups, we have developed the Carer Handbook as the go-to resource for kinship and foster carers in the ACT.
The handbook provides valuable information to help carers be informed about their role and responsibilities, and where they can go for help and support.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at 0447 632 067.
This service is funded by the ACT Government Community Services Directorate under the ‘A Step Up for Our Kids, Out of Home Care Strategy 2015-2020