Need some quiet time to yourself or to declutter your mind? Don’t have an hour spare? Have access to the internet?
Then join us for a new weekly meditation class, incorporating mindfulness activities, where you attend in person or tune in via streaming for the whole hour or for twenty minutes segments…and still enjoy the benefits!
This new class will incorporate:
- 20 minutes of breath work, from 11.30am to 11.50am;
- 20 minutes of mindfulness activities, from 11.50am to 12.10pm; and
- 20 minutes of a relaxing meditation, from 12.10pm to 12.30pm.
It has been designed to help carers who can’t make it to a class due to caring responsibilities, time, work or other commitments, however may like to participate and enjoy the many benefits of meditation. It is well documented that meditation and mindfulness may assist with reducing stress and anxiety, improving focus and concentration, improving sleep quality and enhancing self-awareness and more.
If you have never tried meditation and don’t know what to expect, give it a go in the privacy of your own house.
Carers who have attended meditation classes have made the following comments:
- I am much more relaxed and happy after doing something for myself. Carrying over relaxation techniques helps to decrease stress at home and unwind after crazy days.
- I am a lot calmer and therefore makes me a better carer and I sleep better as I applied the techniques learnt especially the breathing technique.
- I noticed that I can handle stress better and I feel that I am equipped with more strategies and tools to handle stress and issues that affects me. I used the tips and techniques that I have learnt from meditation and apply it at home.
Carers ACT will be live streaming this session. If you are unable to attend on the day but would like to view the live stream of the session from your electronic device (such as mobile phone, tablet, or computer), please register a “Streaming” ticket. If you select a “Streaming” ticket, you will receive a separate email at least two days prior to each session with a link to click on the session. Registering for a live stream ticket will book you in for every session for the term. If you no longer want to receive this any more please email email@example.com to opt out.
By attending and participating in this session, you consent to video, images and audio of yourself and those you are responsible for being used in this manner. As this session is being live streamed, participants are reminded to arrive before or on time. The session will commence once the facilitator is available and as close to the advertised time. If you are unable to attend on the day, you may also change your ticket to a “Streaming” ticket, if this is more suitable to you.
Registration is essential through the link below. Full cost of the session is payable on the day, live streaming incurs no cost at this time.