Mental Health Awareness sessions with Mental Illness Education ACT (MIEACT).
This workshop increases the understanding of unresolved trauma. Learn to recognise the manifestations of trauma in yourself and others.
The workshop recognises that extremely stressful events happen and may have a lasting impact. Participants learn how to re-establish a normal routine to ensure a sense of order and control in life.
Delivered by a qualified facilitator including lived experiences stories on trauma guided by MIEACT’s DoNoHarm safe story telling framework.
By the end of this session participants will:
- Learn about unresolved trauma
- Increase understanding of available treatments and ways to seek help
- Learn how to decrease escalation and communicate effectively with those who have experienced trauma
- Learn how to identify people at risk of trauma
- Understand the importance of social connectedness
- Learn positive coping strategies and how to apply them
Places are limited and registration is essential through the link above. If a carer is unable to book online, please contact Carers ACT on 6296 9982 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.