New to the NDIS?
Or need to build your confidence helping the person you care for in getting what they need?
Presented by Pieta Manning, this workshop is aimed at carers still coming to grips with the details of the scheme and designed to give them the most up to date information about the scheme in ACT, and confidence to become self directed in how a plan is implemented.
The workshop will cover:
- Supports in your NDIS Plan (informal, formal, mainstream)
- Plan financial management and impact on accessing services
- Funded Support Areas in plan (Core, Capital, Capacity Building) also including a map to different names used on plan and portal
- Who’s who and what do they do – NDIS, NDIA, LAC, CoS, Quality & Safeguarding Commission, AAT.
- Life cycle of your NDIS plan
Pieta Manning is passionate about helping participants and their families be more confident about the NDIS and better informed about how the Scheme can work for them. Her experience as an Independent Coordinator, national consultant and NDIS Plan Nominee for her daughter gives her extensive knowledge of the NDIS and how it is being implemented. Pieta is now the Hireup Community Organiser for Southern NSW & ACT and through this role is able to work as a community partner to help people make the most of the supports in their plans.
This workshop will be followed by a series of workshops called NDIS in Practice that will focus on different NDIS participant cohorts: young participants, mature participants and participants with a mental illness. Dates will be set once these initial workshops are complete.
This workshop is for carers registered with Carers ACT. For more information go to our homepage at www.carersact.org.au.
To attend, please register through Eventbrite below.