Mental Health Awareness sessions with Mental Illness Education ACT.
These sessions are aimed at carers of people who have a mental illness and or those who are new to a caring role. Each session will cover a specific diagnosis.
MIEACTS’s program is delivered in partnership by trained staff facilitator and a trained volunteer educator with lived experience of mental illness. The session will commence with the volunteer educator sharing their personal experience, focusing on a particular moment or pivotal point in their recovery, and guided by MIEACT’s safe and non-triggering Do No Harm framework.
Following on from this, will be a discussion with MIEACT’s educator that will assist carer’s by:
- Increasing understanding of the prevalence of mental illness in the community
- Identifying common signs and symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder
- Developing individual self-care strategies
- Identifying avenues for support
- Understanding helpful communication strategies
Registration is essential through the link below. If a carer is unable to book online, please contact Carers ACT on 6296 9982 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.