Where we live, who we live with and the supports to live the life we want are very important to everyone.
Individual Living Options (ILO) are focussed on working with the participant and their family to consider their needs and preferences, and design a flexible package of supports. Implementation often happens in stages and the package includes a primary support approach and supplementary supports. Once established the living arrangement is closely monitored and fine-tuned.
The following describe a variety of living arrangements under the ILO heading
- Co-Residency – support resides full time or part time in the participant’s home
- Host Arrangements – participant resides full time in the home of a non related host who provides support
- Living Alone – support is provided in the home of the participant in a variety of ways
- Living Together – participant lives with other people of their choice and receives support
- Individual living options are often a viable alternative to a group home.
A Local Area Coordinator will be available after the presentation to answer any other questions you may have.
This session will be conducted wholly online however there is an option to phone into the session if you aren’t able to access internet. The session will not be recorded.
This activity is open only to carers registered with Carers ACT.
By attending and participating in this session, you consent to video, images and audio of yourself and those you are responsible for being used in this manner. As this session is being live streamed, participants are reminded to arrive before or on time. The session will commence once the facilitator is available and as close to the advertised time.
If you have problems logging in on the day please call us – 6296 9982 or email email@example.com.