Happy New Year – Happy New You!
2019 is here! It’s a great time to make your health and wellness a priority! Need time to yourself? Want to feel energised?
Start the year off by attending an information session on the range of ‘wellness’ activities provided by Carers ACT, finding out how and why they can help you as a carer in your wellness goals!
We will also discuss the following:
- What does ‘wellness’ mean to you?
- Why is self-care important and how to achieve this?
- Your readiness to make changes to your wellness – where to start or how to prioritise this?
The session will assist carers to undertake a self-check on your own health and wellness’ needs and requirements. This is open to all carers regardless of age or who you care for.
If carers are interested, following from the information session, we will be running a four week practical course in a small group, covering topics in more detail, providing support and assistance with your progress (dates to be confirmed) This course is designed to raise your self-awareness and self-discovery on yourself. If the course is not at a suitable to you this time, you can sign up for the next one. Feedback from carers who previously participated this course include:
- “ The course helped me to define my values in order to achieve greater emotional and physical wellness.”
- “ I found the course useful, both immediately and continuing. Although, by design the course does not provide all the answers on the ‘meaning of life’, it gives you practical tools and ideas to assist in coping with managing and alleviating the stresses of caring. It is up to you how little or how much of the course content you use. I recommend that – with an open mind – you consider at least attending an information session on the course before making up your mind on continuing further.”
- “Worth doing to clarify anxieties in caring role. Great to learn and share experiences and outcomes in a group.”
There will be two information sessions. You will need only to attend one session as it will be repeated.
Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10am to 12.30pm OR
Mon 21 Jan 2pm to 4.30pm
If you cannot make the session but are interested in this, please let us know so we can add your name for future sessions.
Registration to attend is essential through the link below. If you are unable to attend on the day, or register online please call 6296 9982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org