X close menu
Equipment provision

Carers ACT is a registered service provider under the My Aged Care Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).  We can provide subsidised support to obtain Goods & Equipment or an Occupational Therapy Safety Assessment

You may be eligible for services under the CHSP if you are:

You can check your eligibility and apply online for a face-to-face assessment through My Aged Care or by phoning My Aged Care on 1800 200 422

Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology

If you have been referred by My Aged Care for support through this program, we can assist with the purchase of equipment up to the value of $500. Clients with low income or going through financial hardship will be prioritised. This service is available to ACT residents only.

We request a client contribution of 25% towards the cost of the equipment

NOTE: If this fee is unaffordable, Carers ACT will discuss and agree an affordable fee. Clients will not be refused service on ability to pay.


Occupational Therapy Safety Assessment

If you have been referred by My Aged Care for support through this program, we can arrange for a one-off Occupational Therapist (OT) assessment for home safety. The OT works with the individual in their own home to identify safety concerns and make recommendations for safety in the home and/or community.

NOTE: Carers ACT is not able to provide home modifications, i.e, permanent fixtures to the home such as steps, fixed rails or building maintenance.

How to access these services

You will need to be referred to these services by a My Aged Care Assessor.

Your Assessor can make a direct referral to us on your behalf or you can request a referral to Carers ACT.  Once we receive the referral information, we will call you to discuss your needs.

You are also able to contact us directly with your referral information.  This service is available from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday by calling 6296 9922 or via email aged.services@carersact.org.au


Don’t have a My Aged Care Referral?

To find out if you need an assessment and if you are eligible for help at home services, you should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422