Caring can be rewarding but often it can also impact on a carer’s relationships and employment, bringing financial hardship, social isolation, health and wellbeing issues, frustration, extreme stress and exhaustion.
They need our support
Your donation will give carers practical support and make a real difference by turning their ‘tough days’ into ‘good days’.
General Appeal for family and friend carers.
Young Carers Appeal for carers under 25 years old
Corporate Sponsorship: We are also keen to speak to organisations who would like to support a charitable community cause through corporate sponsorship (please see end of this page).
GENERAL APPEAL – Family and Friend Carers
Your donation will help with:
- TAKING A BREAK … so they can relax and spend time doing something for themselves.
- LEARNING … so they can attend educational workshops to develop important caring skills and knowledge.
- SOCIAL ISOLATION … so they can join in social activities with other carers to unwind and de-stress.
- PEER SUPPORT … so they can connect with other carers and share experiences through peer support groups.
- ADVOCACY …so they can learn to stand up for their rights through advocacy training and support.
- EQUIPMENT … so they can buy mobility and technology aids.
- JOBS …so they can receive training to re-enter the workforce after their caring role.
YOUNG CARERS APPEAL
Many young carers spend every day looking after a parent who lives with an illness or disability. Instead of doing schoolwork and interacting with their friends, they spend their time helping with personal care and medications, taking parents to appointments, looking after siblings, cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping, paying bills.
These young people struggle to get through school.
They have little time or money to hang out with friends, relax, play sport, go on school excursions, have a casual job or attend CIT or uni.
They carry responsibilities greater than their age.
Their health and wellbeing suffers.
Your donation will help with:
- TUITION …. so they can complete their schooling.
- TAKING A BREAK …so they can relax for a short time while a support worker looks after their parent.
- LEARNING … so they can develop important life skills like cooking, budgeting and job seeking.
- SCHOOL TRIPS …so they can attend school camps and excursions, just like their school mates.
- SPORT …so they have time on the weekend to play their favorite sport.
- FORMALS …so they can go to their school formal and create life-long memories.
- JOBS …so they can improve their job and life opportunities by attending a CIT or uni course.
Is your organisation looking for a worthy charitable cause? Looking to give back to the community?
You might like to consider Carers ACT.
Join us and be a partner in care by providing practical support to make a carer’s life a little easier. After all, at any time any one of us may become a carer ourselves, or need care.
Phone us on 02 6296 9900.
Our Partner in Care: Shaw Building Group
Shaw Building Group and their suppliers have raised over ONE MILLION DOLLARS to support Canberra’s carers.
They have run an annual Charity Bowls Day with the local building industry since 2005 and donate all the proceeds raised to Carers ACT.
Thank you Shaw Building Group!!! You and your contractors are a real inspiration to others!
Read their story here.
Donating is easy and all donations of $2.00 and over are tax deductible. Funds raised will be used to assist young carers with education, life skills training and breaks from caring.
We are a recognised charity with a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Tax Office.
Thank you for your support and kindness.