Please help us to make a real difference to carers in the ACT and Southern NSW by working together to improve the quality of their lives.
Some people aren’t aware that while caring can be rewarding, it can also bring financial hardship, social isolation, health and wellbeing issues, frustration, extreme stress and exhaustion.
Have a look at these alarming statistics:
- Carers have the lowest wellbeing levels of any group in society.
- 18% of carers only have face to face social contact once every 3 months.
- Young carers are 48% less likely to complete year 12 because of their caring role.
- Over one third of carers are living with disability themselves.
- Carers experience greater financial hardship with some carers having a 42% lower income than non carers
- One in four mental health carers experience a high degree of worry, anxiety or depression.
- 16% of carers of people with dementia have contemplated suicide more than once in a year.
Your donation will help us to:
- Provide practical supports to carers across ACT and Southern NSW.
- Connect carers to each other and to support services and programs.
- Raise awareness of carers and advocate for carers’ rights.
Donating is easy and all donations of $2.00 and over are tax deductible.