The ACT Government is requiring everyone in the ACT community to stay at home to assist in the response to positive cases of COVID-19 in the ACT. The lockdown restrictions came into effect from 5:00pm Thursday 12 August 2021.
Here is a guide to essential information regarding the current Covid-19 situation in the ACT. We will continue to update this page as new information becomes available.
Lockdown in the ACT
- What are the essential reasons you can leave home during lockdown?
Further information on the essential reasons you can leave home during lockdown is available here:
Lockdown in the ACT – COVID-19
For the latest news and updates on COVID-19, visit the Media Updates page here:
Media updates – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- Where can I find more information on COVID-19 exposure locations in the ACT?
Information on COVID-19 exposure locations in the ACT is updated regularly and available here:
COVID-19 exposure locations in the ACT – COVID-19
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Does the direction to wear face masks apply to my service and staff?
Information about wearing face masks is available here:
- How can people in the community access face masks if they don’t have capacity to purchase them?
Information about access to PPE for the community and allied health services is available here:
Requests for PPE can be submitted through the PPE online request form.
- Who is required to wear N95 masks?
Information about appropriate use of PPE is available here:
Entering and Leaving the ACT
- What is the process for staff who live outside the ACT who need to enter the ACT for an essential work purpose?
Information on travelling to the ACT, including for ACT/NSW border residents, is available here:
Online travel forms, including declaration and exemption forms, are available here:
Online travel forms – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- What is the process for those people who live in NSW and need to enter the ACT for essential work purposes and then need to return home to NSW?
Information on travelling from the ACT into NSW is available here:
Interstate travellers | NSW Government
The online declaration form, for entry into NSW from the ACT, is available here:
Complete a travel declaration form
COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing
- Who is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine?
Information on who is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine is available here:
Check if you’re eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- Can people with a disability, support staff, volunteers and carers access the COVID-19 vaccine?
COVID-19 vaccination information for people with disability, support staff, volunteers and carers is available here:
Information for people with disability – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the ACT?
Information on where to get tested in the ACT is available here:
Where to get tested in the ACT – COVID-19
- What is classified as an essential service?
Information on what qualifies as an essential service is available here:
- Who is an essential worker?
Information on who qualifies as an essential worker is available here.
- Are there restrictions on visiting a supported independent living home or other home situation where people with disability live?
Information on visiting a supported independent living home or other residence where people with disability live is available here:
Advice for visitors – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- What mental health support is available in the ACT during this lockdown?
Information on supporting mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 is available here:
Mental Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19 | Health (act.gov.au)
Access to ACT Health Facilities
- Has access to health care facilities in the ACT changed during this lockdown?
Information on accessing health care facilities in the ACT is available here:
COVID-19 Update: Changes to your visit to ACT Health Facilities | Health
- Where can I find further information on quarantine requirements in the ACT?
Information on quarantine, isolation and stay-at-home requirements is available here:
Quarantine, isolation and stay at home – COVID-19 (act.gov.au)
- What is the difference between a close contact and a casual contact?
- Who is a secondary contact?
Information on close, casual and secondary contacts is available here:
Note that the requirements for secondary contacts in NSW differ from the requirements in the ACT. Download the NSW Health fact sheet for secondary contacts for more information: NSW Health fact sheet for secondary close contacts – Fact sheets.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Team at ACT Health has advised that if anyone feels they may require in-reach into their home because they have significant barriers to access other vaccination options, they can ring the ACT vaccination booking line (02 5124 7700 and choose option 3 for the dedicated disability line). You will be able to speak to someone who will take your information and someone from the COVID-19 Vaccination Program team will reach out and coordinate vaccination in home.
Changes to our service delivery
Information on the changes to Carers ACT’s delivery of services during the lockdown period is available here:
Information on Carers ACT services during lockdown
Here is a list of places in the Canberra region where you can order your food supplies and groceries online. They offer home delivery and click & collect services to enable you to do your food shopping safely and conveniently.
Food and Grocery Home Delivery