29 May 2019
Getaboutable Community & Business Engagement Officer
HURRY – APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 MAY 2019!
Getaboutable is seeking a part-time engagement officer, initially about 10 hours/week but could increase, if desired, with increased revenue
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About getaboutable and the role
Getaboutable Pty Ltd is a Canberra-based social enterprise that empowers people with mobility, hearing, vision, and other accessibility needs to experience mainstream travel and leisure activities. Getaboutable’s objective is to inspire people with accessibility needs to get out and about by making it easy to find information about accessible infrastructure and activities through its website getaboutable.com, and to help the travel and leisure sector be more inclusive for people with a disability.
Getaboutable is seeking a Community & Business Engagement Officer to engage with the ACT travel and leisure sector. The role is initially funded until 30 June 2019 through a Hands Across Canberra project grant and may be extended with continued grant funding or other getaboutable revenue.
- Engaging with ACT travel & leisure sector entities listed on getaboutable.com to:
- verify and expand listing information through free accessibility assessments and improvement advice (Accessible Canberra project funded by Hands Across Canberra)
- solicit enhanced listings 3-D virtual tour, and other getaboutable services
- Suggesting new ACT listings for getaboutable.com
- Investigating and initiating use of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool
- Generating enough income to sustain position beyond available grant funding
Skills / personal qualities
Strong understanding of disability, accessibility and inclusion issues (a lived experience with disability is highly desirable)
Strong marketing and communication skills
Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, while also being a positive influence and contributor to a team
The successful applicant will be paid as a casual employee at $27.55 – $31.80 per hour, depending on skills and experience.