12 Mar 2019
Are you looking for regular social engagement and wellness activities with others your age? Then join our new Seniors Social Group, ‘Wise & Well’ for carers and friends.
You’ll get to meet great people, have delicious meals, learn new skills and enjoy interesting new experiences at the group activities and excursions.
Activities and Excursions
- Zumba dance class for seniors
- tie dyeing
- Poachers Pantry tour and lunch
- art therapy
- paper flower craft
- grief and loss talk
- fire safety in the home talk
- learning how to use your Iphone and Ipad
- hanging basket making at Bunnings
- and so much more!
Click here for the latest update on the group’s activities
The Group meets on Thursdays for two sessions:
- morning (10am-12pm) at Holt
- afternoon (1pm-3pm) at Holt.
Come to one or both!
- you should be 65 years or older (or 50 years or older if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander)
- have a referral from My Aged Care for a Social Support Group. Phone 1800 200 422. Don’t worry – we can easily help you apply for this referral if you don’t already have one or not sure how to get it.
You don’t have to be a carer to join. You and the people you care for are welcome to join, either individually or together, provided you both have the appropriate MAC referrals for Social Support Groups.
Weekly session cost is $5. Excursions and lunches will incur additional costs.
For more information phone 6296 9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org