11 Jul 2018
We are again hosting a Carer Respite Retreat for carers who reside in the Illawarra region and care for someone over the age of 65 who has dementia (or other similar health condition).
The retreat will be held from 18 – 21 September at the Crowne Plaza in Canberra to coincide with Floriade.
- You must have a My Aged Care Referral Code for “Cottage Overnight” Respite for the person you care for.
- You must be the main carer of a person aged 65 years or over or if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, 50 years or over.
- You must be registered as a carer with Carers ACT. Registration is free. If you are not already registered, we will help you register with us.
- Preference will be given to carers who haven’t attended a Carers ACT respite retreat within the last 12 months.
- Applicants who are accepted will be required to pay a $95 contribution per person prior to secure placement, ie $190 in total.
For more information, please download the APPLICATION FORM