On this page...
Don't forget that while volunteers help others, numerous studies show that volunteering is good for us too. Volunteering makes most of us healthier and happier.
This is probably because volunteering offers many benefits, including opportunities for volunteers to:
- gain new skills and knowledge
- boost their own job and career prospects
- enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfilment
- develop personally and boost self esteem
- enjoy better physical and mental health
- connect to and better understand your community
- meet new people and make new friends.